Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody sick of the politics and pressure of there hi paying upper-management job??? Those who are ready to quit and start there own Classic car restoration and sales center apply below. Sorry I'm having a bad day :(. I'm about ready to implement my retirement plan about twenty years early ;)

Hey Doc, Any good advise

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hmmm.... While not a high paying upper management job, I'm sick of the idiots who bring a $450,000 computer in, without having planned the infrastructure, and expect it to be up and running in less than three days. We got the power in, the cable trays overhead, the holes in the floor (for the power) the fibre (for the disks) the machine plugged in, and set up... Most of the work was done in two days.

If someone had told us earlier that there was no power in the old computer room and no infrastructure in the new one I would at least have been warned...

Oh well, at least this has to end sometime...

Z/Adam

·
Registered
332 Posts
Noth'n a couple of Coronas and Lime can't fix???

I don't know if PIR is going on tomorrow with the races in town. Pearson is always an option to get you mind off of this crap we call WORK

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I was actually sitting at work irritated because the other accountants from our other offices don't know what they're doing and were making my job more difficult today...

I've always thought it would be fun to be semi-retired at an early age and to have a classic restoration shop on the side to keep me busy...

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Brian, I feel your pain. ::I'm one of the owners out of three and stuck between Dad(causes me more work and I feel like a baby sitter) and Mom( that is always mad at Dad and I always feel they want me to side with one or the other)So I guess shooting them is out of the question Hu. ::Sell you a carpet/stove store cheap but you have to take them. :: ::

Troy going ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
start there own Classic car restoration and sales center
Yeah....like "your" the 1st guy in this group to ever throw that one out on the table! :: :: ::
(would be pretty cool though.... ;))

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Just think Ken , :: Being the two eastern boys we could get a better deal. :: We could request pickup and delivery service that of course would be FREE to us VMFer's :: :: And get that 2 for 1 special since our cars look a lot alike. ;) What do ya think ::

Troy :: :: ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Hey, let's ALL just quit and open up a shop together! ::

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Steve I would think this would be a great idea but the commute to work would be a killer. ::I'm in Eastern Oregon and Brian is a rock throw away in Western Washington. :(

Troy :: I'm already working as a part locator for a mustang resto shop in Tricities on the side.But keep that a secret under your hat. ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Yeah there ya go....couple sales guys, accounting guys.. get 2-3 doing bodywork/paint...2-3 doing drivetrain/motor work...anybody know upholstery?......Damn we need to hire more help! :: :: :: ::

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Seriously though, I wonder what's going to happen to Bel-Kirk in a few years... the owners are getting up in age.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya lets all Quit!!!!!!! That’ll show em. After today I'm off on vacation till 8-2-04. Maybe my attitude will be adjusted by a couple weeks off. I think I'll get in the motor home and head east for a couple days. Thanks for listening to my RANT.

And ken I think we could get by for starters with one multi tasker that could be the accounting \ purchasing agent \ Pay roll \ floor sweeper and two Body \ paint \ mechanical techs. And one sales man. ;) ::

Mark call or email about Which cruse-in to hit tonight that cold one sounds good!!!!

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Hopefully (1) it'll stay a Mustang shop, and (2) it will be purchased by someone both business-savvy and customer oriented.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Why is everyone stealing my ideas!!! :p
Like Ken said, I think most of us on this site have been pi$$ed off at one point or another enough to consider & even dream of going into the car restoration business and working for ourselves. Then reality sets in and we realize it would take all the fun away from our hobby. It's still fun to dream in my book!! :)

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Customer Oriented
So Steve are you saying the general public STiNk ,GEt's oN YoUr NeRvs anD MaKe yOu StEsSED. It will never happen if you own your own business right. :: ;)
Duane if you think working for yourself is a better way to go. I will trade you in a heartbeat.Try working with the public that want everything for nothing and thinks your a yard sale and can offer way less then you have in the product. :: Don't care if you are able to keep your doors open or be able to feed your family. :: :( ::RANT -ect- RANT-Piss & mone..............So our you having a good day????? :: Man I feel better :: ;)

Troy :p

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Troy....I don't think anyone here is talking about getting rich... :: (although that would be a nice benny ::) the appealing part is if your gonna take some sort of beating everyday..for what ever reason..it might as well be at something you "really" enjoy doing. ::

(I don't think the gigolo thing is probably gonna work out either! ::) :: ::

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ditto. Ken. If it means taking a pay cut to insure one's sanity than maybe being happy is more important than being rich $$$$ ? I've worked my ass off since I was eighteen to get where I am. Now I'm asking my self is this where I want to be.

I'm thirty-six It's not too late to change direction.
Is this what they call Mid Life ??? ::

Sorry i guess this is getting a little deep. ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
So Steve are you saying the general public STiNk ,GEt's oN YoUr NeRvs anD MaKe yOu StEsSED. It will never happen if you own your own business right. :: ;)
Nope, I'm saying that BelKirk is not the friendliest place to do business, and on the whole I'd rather mail-order from NPD.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Do not care to be rich ,Just happy :) and comfortable and fat.Ok just the first two. :D :: I was just stating an opinion. Sorry if I upset anyone ,Just was stating that personal business ownership has caused me to be marride 6 days a wk to it and very little fun outside the box I'm in. Would Like it if the Government would make a big mistake and refund some extra 000000000000's on my return. :: :) ::
Troy :p Did I rant to much ,Oh crap I will just go over here and put my head between my legs and (not fart cause I know what your thinkin Ken) :p :pDarn Mid life Crisis. ::

1 - 20 of 29 Posts