Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I thought I was getting a grip on my knowledge of 71-73's, along comes another RARE item! For only 30 some odd thousand dollars you can own this rare beast! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Got Ehay?
D
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Wow, reading all that absolutely FALSE history and equipment slop made me about hurl! Who wrote that up, a 10 year old?? It's gotta be a gag......but I don't think it is. Sharp well-equipped Mach though, put on some correct color/designation decals and it may be a decent car, for a lot lot lot less money.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I am far from knowing all about the 71-73's, but don't the 72's have vertical parking lights, and the 71's have the horizontal ones as this one does? And then comes the fact that the Boss 351 was discontinued in '71. So do you think it is a '72 (VIN#) posing as a '71 Boss 351 OR a '71 Boss 351 matched with the wrong VIN#?

Either way 'Buyer Beware'.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I sent the guy a message we will see if he relpies.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Their was two options of grilles for the 71-72's, one of them being the one that had the parking lights. But, they were all horizontal. The 73 is the one that has the verticle parking lights. I personally think its a FRAUD!, but its still a beautiful car. IMHO, if I had the cash, I'd buy it, not for being a supposed "Boss" but because its still a very nice looking Stang. But, I dont have the cash..... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif So, I have nothing to worry about. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

-Art Nuñez

·
Registered
194 Posts
71 - 72's have the same horizontal lights, 73's have the vertical ones. It is a 72 Q code Mach1 with the wrong letter kit on it. A very nice car that does not need to be imitating a Boss 351.
JH

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Does it look to have a Cobra emblem on the inside driver door?

Looks like they sell some high dollar cars. I checked out their feedback of ones they've sold: a 55 Chevy 'vert for 40K, a Porsche for 69K, a Pantera for 65K, a 57 T-bird for 47K. Righteous bucks! The background in the pictures looks more like a Museum than a dealership.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Now here's a rare 1972 Boss 351 convertible that my friend owns:

http://www.tucsonpony.com/72vert1.jpg

It actually has a Q-code, but it was ordered by a dealer in El Paso who bought it for his son, who wanted the Boss 351 markings on it. It's original, and unique! It's also a blast to drive, which I do as often as I can. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts