1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
Yes, they were available as a standalone option but they were 4 piston Keysey-Hayes disc brakes.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
In 1965, I ordered an A code GT Fastback. A friend liked the car so much that he bought a 66 Mustang. However, he didn't want to copy my car exactly; so he ordered an A code, non-GT coupe with the handling package and disk brakes.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
35,876 Posts
Yep. Glazier/Nolan is restoring a 66 C code convertible right now, came from the factory with PS and disc brakes.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
The handling package and disc brakes were options that had nothing to do with the GT option. The pinstripe/no chrome quarter scoop was also separate option on 64 1/2 65.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I did a search of this site using the terms '22GT' and 'Glazier-Nolan'. I came up with 6352 results. Strangely, 22GT has that many posts.

I have to chuckle because 22GT posts are so informative I always zero in on his posts in any thread I read. A veritable Mustang Encyclopedia that man is.

Just meant in humor... ;-)

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
He gets paid for it.

The Ed McMahon of Mustanging :)

·
Registered
35,876 Posts
He gets paid for it.

The Ed McMahon of Mustanging :)
Yeah, big payday when I stopped by there yesterday, to look at a Corvette, of all things. I ate half a dozen pretzels from the jar on the counter. Sometimes they have cookies. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
In 1965, I ordered an A code GT Fastback. A friend liked the car so much that he bought a 66 Mustang. However, he didn't want to copy my car exactly; so he ordered an A code, non-GT coupe with the handling package and disk brakes.
Hello,
Do you by chance have this magazine, Mustang A Complete Guide Car Life Special Edition, I am looking for one... let me know if you have one..
Thanks,
Joey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts