Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While searching for old mustangs in rural Arkansas, I came across a car with this really rare option (its the car on the left) . . . . I fondly call it the built in pond on the roof option.

I've attached pictures below and would appreciate it if anyone wants to make guesses as to if any of them are rare models worth pursuing further.

Being interested in rare optioned cars such as this one, I stopped and spoke with the owner of the fine Fords. It turns out that this guy has ancestors two generations back that were not yet walking upright (ha-ha). Continuing the conversation further, it was just as I suspected. The owner was going to be starting the restoration in the very near future and was not interesting in selling for any price.

We were afraid to get out of the truck because there were about 15 rabid looking dogs laying around. Some were on chains and the only grass in the yard was under the cars. As a result we did not get any additional information.

http://members.cox.net/grp1640/mustang junk1.jpg
I was able to get a good picture of the caved in roof on the car on the left (I think it's the optional pond on the roof)

http://members.cox.net/grp1640/mustang junk3.jpg

http://members.cox.net/grp1640/mustang junk2.jpg

·
Registered
328 Posts
LMAO :rofl: ....the sarcastic.." Just as suspected" part just made me loose it... OMG I never laughed so hard..lately.. :rofl: :rofl:

I guess it's so funny to me because this happened to me ..same guy, same backdrop, same kind of car, and yes the painful yet a complete pipe dream on their part " No I plan on restoring that here..very shortly. :wall: :wall:

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Well, you got a 69 Mach 1 (by the stripes), possible a 65-6 GT and that 70 convert. I'd say it might be worth your while to at least get the VINs....

Never know, could be a 428 Mach, or a K-code GT....

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Hemikiller. Thats the info I was wanting. I thought the 65-66 might have been worth checking. I really am a pea brain on the later cars so I was wondering about those. I think the 70 is a vinyl top, but like I said, I was hesitant to get any closer because of the pack of guard dogs.

To everyone else, sorry for the misleading title.

http://members.cox.net/grp1640/new tires 2.jpg

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Sorry, but I have to say I really hate when morons get a hold of good cars. :pissed:

·
Registered
93 Posts
George when you get a chance update your webpage. Thats a beautiful color combo. You really pulled that thing together since your last update. Congrats on a job well done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is just WRONG!!!!! I hate to see cars like that. Some people would rather watch them rust, because they think someone is going to try and cheat them when they ask if it for sale.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 56 (if you can tell from that corner you know a heckuva lot more about it than I do) seemed to have been parked much more recently than the others. It appeared to be a complete car and was in the best shape of any of them.

Also not pictured was an early 60's TBird. It too was parked more recently than the Mustangs.
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Now take the knife and give it a little twist....yea...there ya go....right in the heart. :( :( :(

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
OUCH! That kills me to look at the 65-66 GT Fastback...I know the same kinda people...there is a guy where I work that has a 67 GTX vert with a 440 in it...He keeps saying the same damn thing..."someday I'm gonna restore it..." SHEESH! :pissed:

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I'm with Hemikiller. That looks like a '69 Mach I with the pond, and an authentic '65/'66 GT. The '70 coupe is probably best left where it is, but the other 2 could prove to be very interesting, indeed.
The 1970 is actually a convertible.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The 1970 is actually a convertible.
Since the A pillars are the same color as the top, I'm voting for a vinyl top.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nah, it's a 'voit - what appears to be white is dulled out chrome. Check above the driver's window for the crinkled roof as well as the ridge right behind the top of the windshield. Bummer on all 3...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts