Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 67 GT Convertible and need some feedback on this one. Description as follows: It's a "A" code 289 4v...3 speed man. trans. Power disk brakes and power sterring. Color is Frost tourqoise with dark and light aqua int. All the GT options are there and it does have PIO on the bulk tag. I'm just thinking it has to be a little rare what with the color and the 3 speed in the floor. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
Get the Marti report to start delving in "numbers". www.martiauto.com

Remember that rare in terms of production numbers may merely have meant it was an undesirable or slow selling set of options when new.

BTW, your 'A' code '67 GT would have had single exhaust from the factory.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Aside from the internet, the mustang red book is cheap and gives some statistics for each year. However, it does not have the specificity or the accuracy of a Marti report. For instance, I wouldn't question the info of an MCA judge, but contrary to the last post, the RED BOOK says that it was only the "C" code that came with a single exhaust in GT trim. FWIW, the RED BOOK has been wrong at least twice in my limited experience...I cannot say that Charles Turner was ever wrong!! The book states that 25,000 of some 470,000 vehicles were GT factory equipped that year. There were approximately 43,000 convertibles. Some "starter stats" for you.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
A V8 'vert is desirable. A true GT does make it collectable. Will you get rich selling it, no. But if restored nicely it should hold a reasonable value. If it was big block then a diff. story. Defining "rare" and "desirable" in the same sentence is hard sometimes. Quality of workmanship also affects value.
As you can see by my signature I'd say mine is rather rare. A '67 GT 390 4spd 'vert w/build sheet and Marti report.
Good luck with it.

G

·
0 Posts
mainemustang said:
For instance, I wouldn't question the info of an MCA judge, but contrary to the last post, the RED BOOK says that it was only the "C" code that came with a single exhaust in GT trim.
Red Book is very wrong in this case. The only Mustangs factory-built with dual exhaust in '67 were K codes and S codes.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The 3-speed is a negative IMO. Changing it to a 4-speed would increase the value of the car even though it would be "incorrect".

Does it have a deluxe interior? That's a high value option in a vert.

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
Rare + wanted = Great
Rare + unwanted = No appeal

For example, special ordering a 1966 GT Fastback, with a K motor, and a 6 cyl rear end would be very rare, 1 of 1, but would have zero appeal. I agree that for a GT, a 4 speed, although more "common" would beat out a "rare" 3 speed.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
Worth the cost...Marti report?
That depends on you! You can read on line what you get on three different levels
of reports. I think it's nice to have. I got the deluxe report for my '68 Mustang vert
and my '70 Torino GT vert. Frankly I would prefer a K code, or A code to a big block
altho the big blocks are generally worth more!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts