Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Ford Motorsport pushrods and 1.6 rocker arms from PAW last Thursday. It has been a week and there have been no parts delivered. It usually takes 2 days for a PAW order to get here. Maybe UPS left it at my neighbor's house again? The charge hit my VISA card a week ago.

I called this morning (they have very limited hours)and had to call back since customer service does not get there first thing in the morning.

Well it turns out that it was never shipped. Why? Well they were out of stock on the pushrods. When I ordered them they were in stock. Were they ever going to tell me? They have my phone and email. They don't ship partial orders. They had to charge my card to process the order, unlike other vendors who only charge the credit card when the order leaves the building. They promised to find when they can get the parts and let me know by Monday. Monday??? ::

This has really spoiled my plans for the weekend. The rebuilt 289 will run poorly if at all without pushrods and rockers. :(

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
. . .And they will be crediting your card so you are not hit with the interest charges, right?

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
They should not hit your crediti card until the parts are shipped & they should have called you to let you know what was going on. I have dealt with Summit, Jegs & others & when something is out of stock or backordered they always let me know & my card does not get charged until it is shipped. If I were you I would cancel my order & find someone closer. Does PAW have the best price or ? Makes you wonder how some of these places stay in business. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I doubt you have ever seen one of thier catalogues.
It would take 30-35 Summitt catalogues to equal one PAW catalogue.
I have never paid for one, I pick them up at thier warehouse for free. The catalogue is probably $6-7 dollars to ship, I'm sure it costs much more to produce.

I do agree with you to some extent,
I would never order anything from a mustang supplier who charges for thier catalogue, but PAW is different.

As far as them sucking, how would you know? What did they do to displease you? Unless you've seen thier catalogue youare missing out.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems Gene. I agree with grabber though that PAW does have a BIG catalog. I have been to the PAW wharehouse many times and pick em up for free. They have really great prices but it looks like they need to step up on the customer support.

Mike

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I agree completely. That is SOME catalog. They do tend to ship slower and by pony express. But everything I ever ordered showed up before I actually needed it.

Overall I have had o complaints. However they should have credited your card until the parts shipped.

Frank

·
Registered
971 Posts
Well I'll be danged, I had the same problem with them on an order.
It wasn't here after almost 2 wks so I call and ask what the probelm is.
Well the Customer service rep said the sales person was suppossed to call me the day the oder came in to tell me I was short money on the order.
They never called and acted like it was my fault! If I didn't need the parts I would have canceled the order.

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I spoke to a customer service guy this evening, and asked why the manager never called me back in an hour as promised.

Well all the managers were in meetings. All day etc. The rep would not send the rockers unless I begged. He would not waive any fees. The earliest anybody would call is Monday.

If I wanted to know if it was out of stock I should have asked. I had asked and they were in stock. They put the charge through to make sure the card was good was good before pulling the order.

It is a shame. They usually have whatever you ask for even if it is not in the catalog. The no name parts are always top quality and the same parts the local jobber sells.

Why would they screw this up with bad service? The local shops will meet the price but the sales tax often makes a difference. Plus I don't have to pick them up.

Its a shame. More on Monday.... Maybe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts