Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a long one...first the bad stuff:
I'm trying to replace my quarter windows. Not really tough, but I cant seem to get the new strip of rubber vertical weatherstripping to slide down that slot in the window. Im using a bunch of white lithium grease and it still gets stuck about half way on. Any clues on what to do?
More grease? Whittle down rubber?
Offer up animal sacrifices?

Now the good news: Delilah finally got her new mufflers and tailpipes today. I'm very pleased that I can talk normally in the car. Went with Dynomax Super Turbos and converted to GT-style dual exhaust tips. Looks studly and sounds great. Made the mistake of taking the car to SWMBO to let her drive it around the block with the new mufflers. She left alone and burned rubber in front of the donut shop. Fortunately, no cops were around. I knew something was up when she returned with a big grin on her face. Not her usual reaction.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
congrats on the exhaust upgrade.

With regard to the weatherstrip, let me state what I hear you saying.

You are having trouble installing the weatherstrip into the front edge of the quarter window frame.

If that is the case, I bought some silicone grease. I am not sure if this is the prodcut I bought in the past, but this stuff is available at local Napa stores. Glob that on there and it should slide right in.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve, at this point in the weekend, Im willing to try anything. It appears that the repro vertical window seals are a little "overbuilt" by the manufacturer to insure a tight fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts