Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever had any experience with RC Motorsports tubular A arm Coil Over system? Its basically a Mustang II suspension and steering setup in one big piece. The only problem is that you have to cut out a chunk of your frame rail to install it. You can also cut out the shock towers and replace them with included flat panels increasing room in the engine bay. It looks like a lot of cutting which is not something I'm sure I'd like to do to my car, but it looks like a great setup since I am in the process of rebuilding the whole suspension and steering system anyways. Just curious.

Here's a link:

[email protected]

·
Registered
463 Posts
It's a pretty sweet setup. I saw it in a 66 fastback that had a 4.6 DOHC cobra motor, and it fit like it was meant to be in there.

All things considered, the 2500 dollar price tag is a pretty good deal, since you get the power R&P, power discs, IFS, etc... labor to install woudl be a little pricey, I'm sure.

-M

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I got the tublar a-arm kit. No coilovers. My car is far from done , but the x-member is in and I like it!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
This topic has been discussed here before; you should find some good threads in the archive. Also, IIRC, Mustang Monthly late last year did an article on it. In summery, if your doing a complete front end rebuild and upgrading the brakes and steering and the non-original status is OK then go for it. If staying original is important to you then this is not the right kit. For me, I do not have it (yet).

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
I did it on my 68 fastback. Let me stress something hear right now. You DO NOT cut the rails AT ALL!!! This is a awsome set up. The strength gained is the best. My set up has the big $500 big brake set up with tubulars arms for around $2000. Cant wait to drive it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts