Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am caught i a dilemma in choosing suspensions still. I don't really want to spend 5 g's on suspension and rack&pinion steering which would be what i would have to do if i went with TCP.

So would you guys suggest RCmotorsports front suspension stage 3 setup, which come with rack and pinion... (Take a look for me at RCmotorsports.net.. hit next page a few times to get to their stage three kit)

Or would you suggest Global west Stage 3 suspension package setup.. "without rack and pinion",

Does rack and pinion steering effect handling that much.. I used to drive a 94 z28 camaro and i want my new Mustang to out handle that. so what would you guys suggest.

By the way this is definitely the best message board out there.

K

·
0 Posts
I have Global West and my 390 (heavy front) takes corners as flat as a pancake. Limit being my tires and the seat I'm in, I slide out ::.

But that's just what I have. So its only my experience which is of only one of the three you mention. You need to find someone who has actually driven the two you are considering and see what they think. And as was mentioned what kind of driving you want it for.
Realize everyone is going to extoll their suspension so be aware. My other two cents is that either upgrade of suspension will give you a good handling car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely want impressive street handling response. but i would hesitate to say i want it on the track just cause i don't think i will be entering my baby into any autocrosses anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The Global West setup is more than adequate for street driving. You could also check out Maier Racing for their heavy duty, boxed A arms with the altered ball joint angle (set up for the A arm drop).

The TCP and Griggs setups are really nice, but, IMHO, are overkill for a street car - unless you have plenty of money: they do have a very high "coolness" factor.

If I was you, I'd look into the GW setup, put some good subframe connectors on (probably the single best mod I made - car is so much more solid now), get some good shocks, springs and a one inch sway bar up front (maybe 1 1/8 if you have a big block or a heavier car). Oh, and add a monte carlo bar and export brace to stiffen up the front end. In fact, I'd probably start with the subframes and the mc bar and export brace, then add the rest as your budget permits.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I like dinosawnj's "really big kit"

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=forum&Number=609076&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

I'm a GW guy. StageIII.
Car's not on the road yet. I had Z28's in the 80s and90s and really like the go kart handling. That's why I went with GW.

we just picked up a 69 sportroof with broken shock towers so I was figuring that the difference wouldn't be that great to go RCR Motorsports. I'd have to replace the steering box, linkages, shock towers and every part of the suspension anyway.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts