Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that PT is over and I've had a chance do digest some of the "Looks" I saw, I'm thinking the Shelby 10 Spoke wheels I've had my eye on aren't going to give me quite the "Bling Bling" factor I'm looking for and is more common of other restomods out there. Not that I Don't like the nestalgic look, they just don't "Pop" like the new stuff.

I'm also not too fond of the TTII's because they are so overdone.

What do you guys/gals thing of these?

Which ones do think would look best.

1). http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheels_detail.cfm?id=43

2). http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheels_detail.php?mw_id=1&sw_id=9

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Of the two, I like the Ultras better, but I'm a huge fan of ye olde Mag 500's.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Thanks, but no... I like the original wires on Shari, and the Cat's already got 'em. ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Have you considered the Kelsey Magstars by any chance? Very Classic look....Not many guys running them. Granted you'd be limited on tires with a 15" wheel...but you'd have been limited with the 10 spokes anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I like the NewStalgia's OK, They look good on the '03 Mach's, but If I were to go that route, I'd probably look to paint the centers to match my body color (is a good idea?).

The 154's were apealing because of the multispoke look.

Got lots of time to think on it though ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
I guess (now that you point it out) that I knew someone was making those in a 16". Don't think I've seen anyone run the 10 spoke though with the low profile tire? I ended up steering away from the 10 spoke just because I decided they'd be a PITA to keep polished up! ( I just don't have the energy to keep up with polishing Alloy wheels anymore) :eek: :: ::

·
Registered
327 Posts
Personally, I don't like either. But then again, I'm old (52 tomorrow)and don't think guys should wear earrings or that women should sport tattoos. But I think there are some modern type wheels out there that would look good and not make me say "eh?" :)

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I'm not too fond of the ultra's but I do like the centerlines. I saw a a lowered black fastback at the Steamboat show with these centerlines, and it looked awesome!

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/images/wheels/94_SABER_hi_451x421.jpg

·
Registered
466 Posts
if i HAD to choose, id pick the centerlines but i dont like either one... im not for a wheel with a lot of chrome, i like something that is simple, yet spacy. like the TTll but i wouldnt get those b/c everyone has them. ive been tryin to find something that catches my eye but no one has, or few have. any more its hard tofind something like that b/c nothing is deep setted anymore like the nastagila stuff, like the mags and so on. my .02

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
OK... you asked, so I'll be honest

1) Looks like it belongs on a Suburban or Tahoe. I don't think it would look very good on a stang.
2) I don't care for the mixed straight lines and round circles.

Of the two, I like #2 better though.

I saw this wheel in Des Moines and it keeps sticking in my mind. I have a picture that does it more justice if you're interested. But this baby is expensive.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ohhhhhhh Thats Nice ::

I actually had a couple Colorado Customs on my list but all of their stuff is BIG $$$. This one didn't jump out at me at the time, but looks good now that you point it out.

Guess I'll just add it to my little photo gallery for the time being. Maybe you could e-mail the pics you have so I have something to visualize?.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Boy Keith, you took the words right out of my mouth. The Ultra, IMO, screams of the truck look, and the Centerline may look a bit too high tech(unless that's the way you're going with everything).

Now, the wheels that Cloney put on the Clone, would look very good(IIRC, Hopsters). It would give it that Bling-Bling look and still allow you to take out the wife for dinner after you paid for them!! ::

I know Ken.....so many choices. :: :: ::

Ken, one more thing....quit dissin my wheels man :p :p :p :p

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
I emailed you the pictures I have.

I agree with Mark, the Hopsters do look nice and they aren't very expensive either.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
First of all, I don't like either one.

Save the money and go with the ones I sent you last week. Vintage 40's with rubber and the asking price was 800. Shipping would be something like 100.

If I wanted a more modern look, I would have to choose a set of rims like the one on Blingmaster's convertible.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Ok, I'm a bit of an "old" style guy....the trend for "modern" wheels on vintage stangs don't excite me at all :(

I'll stick with Torque Thrust D's ::

1 - 20 of 38 Posts