Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a lot closer than Midlife to the storm so I decided to go ahead and board the windows.

http://www.gulfcoastmuscle.org/images/wood.jpg

::

Seriously, this could get real bad. ::

·
Registered
191 Posts
I hope it turns out well for you guys facing the storm. If not I hope you have some good insurance. Here in Oz where I live we get cyclones which for me in the past has been a bit of good luck actually. Insurance paid for all new appliances and then there was plenty of overtime at work repairing the damage. Seems theres some good news to if you live through it..
Good luck
Sham

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
LMAO!!!

Good luck, when do you think the storm will hit?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
For a Missouri boy, you sure whine alot. :: Just like tornados....have blankets ready to cover the cars. Save a couple of blankets for the wife and toddler too!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, now I lived in Missouri but I'm originally from Indiana. Hoosierbuddy can tell ya us Hoosiers can complain with the best of them! ::

Tropical Storm force winds are suppose to start about 1pm today and hurricane force later tonight. The eyewall is supposed to come onshore tomorrow morning at 7am.

·
Premium Member
7,036 Posts
Rode out Hurricane Betsy in N'or Lins in 1964. Not fun. It wasn't the flooding, it was the creatures that came with the flood (gators and cottonmouths)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
How is your garage prepared? your pic yesterday showed it covered in Tyvec - any way to batten that down?

Good luck!

K

·
0 Posts
Hey those tan windows match your BROWN Mustang. ;) :D :D :D :D

Take care Bish. Protect the family first. Let us know ASAP that you are all okay.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right, no way to do much with it except add some more staples which I had done. I fully expect it to be be blown off when I go back home. I'm somewhere on higher ground tonight riding out the storm and we've had some moderate gusts of about 40mph so far and rain. There have been lots of tornado warnings and a few nearby. I'm actually suprised we still have power. Will let you guys know how it goes. ::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts