Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled off my original Ford bumpers on sLime ('68 coupe), and I replaced them with Nordans from NPD. The new ones look pretty good! :: The front one I took off has water stains and it's a bit worn; the rear one I took off has some of the chrome peeling off and looks a bit like it was pushed in. I figured to toss these in the trash as I don't have a great need for them; however, johnpro and 70sportsroof have told me that there's gold in them things to be had on fleabay or in VMF 'parts for sale' boards. I'm sorry to doubt you two, but...really? ::

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
there is a place called bumper boyz. what you do it call them tell them what you got. then as they head around to all the swap meets you take your core in and they give you a factory rechromed just a thought
chris

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Whoops, I just gave a Ford replacement '65 Mustang rear bumper to a friend of mine - it was slightly bowed and seemd to be dented in a couple spots but it's been sitting in my shed for a few years and my friend has been helping me prep the I6 Coupe for paint...

I have a terrible condition in which I seldom throw anything away - anyone want a cracked '65 289 head?

Dean T

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Did I say that? I think your front bumper is worth something, as it's original, straight, and the chrome was good on it, as I recall. I didn't realize the back bumper had problems with the chrome.

I had a hard time just GIVING away the bumpers from the '65 and the rear one from my daughter's '69 (in fact I COULDN'T give away the '69 one ... couldn't find anyone willing to take it).

If the bumper has no dents it may be worth something, if there's any dents at all, IME, they're worth less than nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts