Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting so ticked at my cars and all the stupid design flaws of the Mustang. My son calls today, and has no reverse in his '65. Daughter meets me for lunch and her '69 is running hot enough that we could have cooked lunch on the engine. Then I go to leave work, and as I walk past the back of my car, I noticed that since I filled up with gas on my way to the office, and since it's about 100 degrees again today, gas had seeped out of my gas tank and ran down on the bumper. It might has well have been paint remover seeping out. My paint is all crinkled up and looks like I could just wipe it off from the gas cap to the bumper ... this with the cruise in 2 days to HAN, a show on Sunday, and 2 more shows already lined up for the next 3 weeks.

I'm 2 inches from selling all 4 of these cars and going back to Mopars!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I'll put in the first bid on the dark gray one. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Egad, I'll pretend I did not see that last sentence...

Sorry about the strain of bad luck. Sounds like you've been hanging around SacBill too much lately.

Is the gasket on your rear cap in good shape? If it's any consoaltion, because the paint is fresh and its a small area (rear body panel), repaint cost/color matching should not be a problem.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ahhhh......The joy of owning old cars. H##ll, I can't even get my old Thunderbird out without working on something. Just today I drove it, it's running great, the old 390 motor purrin' like a kitten, and I notice.... THE GAS GAUGE HAS STOPPED WORKING!!!!!!!! DOH!!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
And what makes you think that will solve your problem /forums/images/icons/smile.gif MOPAR??? I don't think so!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

·
7,025 Posts
I prescribe 3 deep breaths and 2 cold beers.

If you don't feel better, post me in the morning.

Dr. Phil
Oh wait...there's that other guy Dr. Phil. I guess I better just be Phil. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,853 Posts
30+ year old machinery is still 30 years old , no matter what the brand. I have a couple of friends with old Mopars. They have as many problems as anybody else messing around with old cars. They often fume about the wide availability of old Mustang parts compared to a near absence of Mopar stuff.
Look forward to the nice days when everything's humming, the weather's nice, and folks are waving at you and your car.
And when you need parts remember that there are lots of people with nice fat catalogs who will gladly sell you anything you need to keep your Mustangs in shape.

·
Registered
455 Posts
After thirty seven plus years, and with as many of these ponys still running around, I wonder what we would be looking at if they were designed without the stupid design flaws. I find it interesting that the simplicity of design has insured the fact that the mustang will be around for as long as restoration parts are available. Think about it. Everyone who has a mustang is a restorer of some sort. I think that is great. It has given me great pleasure, even when things don't go right. Don't despair, Johnpro, I lost reverse in my mopars a time or two.
jazzbo

·
Registered
517 Posts
Man I'm with you......

Number six is losing compression.

My Tach is acting up.

I found rust on my NOS Exhaust tips today.

I don't have the time to install my new heads.

Premium gas is expensive.

My S#!T Happens sticker is peeling off my truck bumper.

It's such a pain to go to work.

My kids take all my time away from my play toys.

My wife has a headack when I want to ..............

Wait a minute.....Let me think..... I choose to use premium gas, I don't like the S#!t Happens sticker anyway, I own my own business, I love my kids, I cause most of my wife's headacks when I act like this.

Boy I thought I was having a bad day. I like the 2 beers and call me in the mornig idea. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
repeat after me

Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The Things I Cannot Change
The Courage To Change The Things I Can
And The Wisdom To Know The Difference

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Ain't that the truth, Art!

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
John,

Suck it up. Here are my recommendations for increased bliss with your Stangs:

1) Phil is on the right track, he's just a 1/2 dyslexic. It's actually 2 deep breaths and 6 beers.../forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

2) After meeting you and reading many of your posts, it is clear that you are giver. You need to stop giving labor and start giving KNOWLEDGE. Train SacBill and your kids how to diagnose problems. That way, they can 'learn' and assist you when your vehicle takes a dump, while you sit back and sip on that coolpop./forums/images/icons/smile.gif
3) You need a vacation.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif
4) Art's words ring true. I heard a very similar statement several years ago that goes "If your job was easy, they would get someone else to do it."/forums/images/icons/smile.gif
5) The VMF is exactly the place to assist with those problems.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

There ya go...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts