Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Rear Axle

895 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  awhtx 
#1 ·
So I installed these new Grab a Track Springs a few years ago. I have new wheels and tires. Is it me or is the rear tire sitting to close to the front of the wheel housing? It is the same on both sides. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

LJ

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Too close to front edge and too high. There’s a little play in the positioning of the spring saddle and the spring. Loosen up the U bolts and adjust. Just make sure you get both sides equal.
Did you torque everything with the weight on the wheels?

Did you not notice the spacing earlier after you put new springs in?

Mark

Reactions: Lawnjockey
#5 ·
Thank you. I have not torqued anything down yet. The shackles are not perpendicular to the ground, they are actually angled a bit forward.
I did install some lowering blocks so the ride height was more to my liking. The blocks were fine the location hole and the pin lined up and were not offset. Could it be that the springs were built incorrectly?

LJ

#8 ·
It would appear that it was this way after the new Springs were installed. So, would it be better to buy new springs or use the relocation blocks that Woodchuck suggested? I am on a limited budget for a while.

LJ

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.