Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There may be an obvious answer to this, but I haven't found it. I removed the old single exhaust rear brake hose from my 8", to replace it with a dual exhaust hose. With the single exhaust hose, the rear vent fitting screwed through the thick distribution block; but, with the dual exhaust hose, the vent tube screws through a thin mounting plate. When I try to mount the brake hose, I run out of vent tube thread before the brake hose is snugged down. Is there some kind of block or shim that is supposed to take up the extra space of the single exhaust distribution block? Or do I need a vent fitting with shorter threads? Thanks for any info!

1965 289 Hardtop
MCA #45799
Mississippi Coast Mustang Club

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
The dual exhaust cars use a shorter nipple/bolt

Required tools for operating a Vintage Mustang:
1. Duct Tape
2. J.B. Weld
3. B.F.H. (Big Fat Hammer)
4. VINTAGE MUSTANG FORUMS II

·
Registered
652 Posts
Can you explain the differences between the rear end brake lines for single exhaust
vs. dual exhaust in more detail? I'm replacing the brake lines on my '67 this week, but
I won't be putting the dual exhaust in until next month. What changes should I make now
in preparation for the duals?

Rich
'67 C-code 'vert (Dees67)
'69 GT FB (project car)
Check out my band: Brickyard Blues

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I'm not mistaken, there is no difference in single and dual exhaust brake hoses on a '67. In my case, with a '65, the single exhaust brake hose goes up from the rear axle, right where the driver's side exhaust pipe would go over the axle. The '65 dual exhaust brake hose has a bracket which mounts the brake line distribution block on the side of the axle tube, similar to your '67. Hope I'm correct in this.

1965 289 Hardtop
MCA #45799
Mississippi Coast Mustang Club

1 - 4 of 4 Posts