Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some kind soul will know the answer to this one. I've added duals (amongst other things!). Now the rear brake hose from the chassis to the axle needs to go. I bought the hose for factory duals but am unsure how to hook it up. Will I need to replace the steel lines going to the wheels? Maybe a photo would help.... Muchas Gracias!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Perhaps others may supply photos, but I can tell you that the dual exhaust setup includes a new front-to-rear steel line, new left and right steel rear axle housing lines, a new bracket in a new location on the floor pan for the rear hose, and a new rear hose with extended junction block. I can't recall, but it may also require a new vent fitting for mounting the rear hose to the axle housing.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You need to do a search on this one.

NPD sells the correct dual exhaust brake adapter. It has to be MOVED on 65/66 cars not originally equipped with dual exhaust.
Just search for "dual exhaust brake" and you'll find the information, and people who have posted photos.

(This is on the assumption you have a 65 car , based on your username)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Just click on "BRAKES" in my sig area and get comfortable. I've got several picks from our new brake line installation. We have a 65 FB with factory dual exhaust. We ordered our lines from NPD and they work/fit fine so far. We haven't finished the project yet, but the front to rear line was easy to unbend (one of my big concerns) and the soft line that goes to the axle still needs some adjustment to not rub the exhaust. But pictures are better than words, so enjoy mine. Let me know if you have other questions and I can try to explain more.

TK

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I don't see how to search for anything on NPD's site, though. You can't even order from them via the web. These guys need to learn about e-commerce!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts