Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the rear out of the car now for a rebuild and detail. I am also converting to rear discs. I bought all new brake lines from NPD (EXELENT company to deal with). One of the line sets is wrong, i'ts for a single exhaust setup. NPD will gladly exchange it. I would realy like to start putting everything together right away. My question is are the 2 rear lines that go from the dist. block on the rear to the backing plates different from dual and single exhaust? I wouldn't see why. I thought the only difference was the flex line. Thanks Richie

'66conv. [color:red]Red</font color=red> w/ [color:white]White</font color=white> stripes SHELBY STYLE

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
They are the same. I replaced the lines and rebuilt the MC in my project. I bought the dual exhaust set. I did some bracket massaging to get the fit right. I had bought the dual exhaust bracket and decided that the massaging was good enough. I've got about 3/4" clearance between the Russel stainless braided lines and the tailpipe.

Steve Leslie, 65 coupe in restoration. 302, toploader, A/C, disc brakes, bench seat

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571478&a=12409371&p=45514503.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts