Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing up the brakes for my car, and have the kit shown below. When I took the tired off from getting the car back from the body shop, the rear rotor basically slid right off after the wheel. I always thought that the rear rotor was bolted on in some way different from just the wheel holding it on, but I don't see any other way. Is the rear rotor simply heald in place by the rear wheels? Is that secure enough? Thanks.

http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com...el=Ford+8"+&+9"+Rear+Ends&year=

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Is the rear rotor simply heald in place by the rear wheels? Is that secure enough?
Yep and yep. The caliper should also prevent the rotor from falling off when you remove the wheel...

Dave

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I assembled the rears, but didn't bolt down tight. On one side, where the caliper bracket bolts to the axle, there is a head of a bolt on the rotor side. When I put the rotor on, it hit one of the heads of the bolts. I used one of the thin spacers (approx. 1/8") to move it just past the head and clear it. Is there any problem with doing this? It is such a small distance I figure it wouldn't matter, but I thought i would ask. The other side clears just fine.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts