Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have converted my 65 to four wheel disc brakes. I am having a problem getting fluid to the rear disc calipers. The fluid is getting to the rear distribution block and will not go past it and to the calipers. What distribution block do I need to order? I feel the one in the car is bad.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I have converted my 65 to four wheel disc brakes. I am having a problem getting fluid to the rear disc calipers. The fluid is getting to the rear distribution block and will not go past it and to the calipers. What distribution block do I need to order? I feel the one in the car is bad.
That is a confusing question, but will certainly try to help.

If the Master is developing pressure (Pushing fluid down the rear brake line), it is arriving at the rear "Block in the rubber hose", there is no restriction at all to keep it from following to the calipers.

Yes, if the tubing/lines has been crushed, then no transfer, or if a old brake hose with internal blatter failure, then you will see so fluid at the block.

I assume you have replaced all these new as you are doing a new brake setup on all four corners.

If adequate pressure/fluid is see at the end of the tubing to the rear, then none to the calipers, it is of course a bad product in between???

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a confusing question, but will certainly try to help.

If the Master is developing pressure (Pushing fluid down the rear brake line), it is arriving at the rear "Block in the rubber hose", there is no restriction at all to keep it from following to the calipers.

Yes, if the tubing/lines has been crushed, then no transfer, or if a old brake hose with internal blatter failure, then you will see so fluid at the block.

I assume you have replaced all these new as you are doing a new brake setup on all four corners.

If adequate pressure/fluid is see at the end of the tubing to the rear, then none to the calipers, it is of course a bad product in between???

Dan @ Chockostang
The fluid is getting to the block but not past it. That is why I believe it needs a new distribution block. My question is do I replace it with the same block or a different brand? If I need to replace it with a different brand what does everyone suggest?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved. I did my homework and I was actually talking about the junction block on the rear diff. I got it. I ordered a rear brake hose kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts