Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put stainless steel brakes all around on my 65 Fastback, but have terrible brake noise drag from the right rear..I have disconnected the brake cable..still there, replaced the caliper while sending the other back for inspection, still made noise with the replacement and "inspected" caliper. Changed the pads, lightly surfaced the rotor (which is running true)Also shimmed the caliper mount to center over the rotor..this helped but only lasted for about 100 miles...The noise intensifies on left hand turns..and only at low speeds..If anyone has the same problem and was able to correct it, please let me know, it's driving me nuts!
blkstlln

·
Registered
923 Posts
Had the same problem with my son's 65 fastback. We installed SSB disks on the front.
I used a can of brake cleaner and sprayed the hole unit to clean any dust out of the assembly. It seemed to work. The noise dropped 90 %. I asked SSB if we should use pad lube on the back of the pad as in my Mercedes. They said it was not required.
I sprayed the brakes without taking anything apart and it seemed to help.Give it a try.
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts