Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my rear disk brake mounting brackets from www.ultrastang.com today, they are awesome. I can't wait till i can put them to use. For thoes who do not know what i am talking about...... Ultrastang designed some brackets to mount 84-86 mustang SVO(also other cars/years) rear brakes onto a classic mustang rearend (details on website). I have personaly used these brakes on my 89' LX Sport vert when i had it and loved them. They are cheap and easy to work on. All you need are the brackets from ultrastang and the rear brakes off a donor car. I will have about $300 in a complete disk brake kit. For anyone wanting to put rear disks on their classic i high recommend they check them out. Also for front disks i am going with the granada swap with 2002 mustang GT PBR Calipers. I will have about $700 total in the brakes (not including MC or lines)

Jason

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
That is good news. IIRC, the SVO Mustangs used Lincoln MK VII brakes. I bought a complete set of rear brakes to see if I could adapt it to the '78 Friggin' Futura but didn't like the solution floating around the 'net. It involves interchanging the caliper brackets from side to side and then bolting the calipers to them. The part I don't like is grinding the bolt heads on the brackets (and the bracket too) inorder to clear the rotor. The loss of structural reinforcement kinda spooks me. If the aftermarket brackets work with out widening the rear wheel track that would be cool. The Lincon MK VII rear rotors are 11.25" which is not too much smaller than the '94-'98 Cobra's 11.65".

Regards,

Dean T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts