Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my torque arm setup and printed off the directions and am getting ready to install. I have a rear end housing with the 3" tubes, but reading through the directions I see they call to use a centered center section, mine is not. Judging by the install directions and measurements for bracket placement, I'm sure I could get the brackets correct to hang it but thinking about it that would put the torque arm off and not work? Am I stuck finding a new housing? Thanks for the help. Jim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I think I've answered my own question here. After some more reading and thinking, the directions say centered pinion, not centered housing. I didn't quite comprehend that first time around. So I need a housing where the pinion is center between the axle flanges, which is what I have. Have I got this straight now? Thanks. Jim

·
Vendor
460 Posts
Ok I think I've answered my own question here. After some more reading and thinking, the directions say centered pinion, not centered housing. I didn't quite comprehend that first time around. So I need a housing where the pinion is center between the axle flanges, which is what I have. Have I got this straight now? Thanks. Jim

Yeah, you've got it right now. We center the pinion.

-J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts