Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did any non gt cars ,lets say mine , a c-code fastback come with dual exhaust, and dual rear valance , because i just bought it and it does , and im wondering if its, factory , ??? thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
IIRC, no non-gt stangs came with the rear GT valance, some had dual exhaust tho.

Thespazardman

/forums/images/icons/blush.gif/forums/images/icons/cool.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif/forums/images/icons/frown.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

[color:purple]1968 C Code Coupe with C4
swapped in J Code and Toploader 4 speed
</font color=purple>

/forums/images/icons/blush.gif/forums/images/icons/cool.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif/forums/images/icons/frown.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
277 Posts
In 67 all A-codes, K-codes, S-codes had dual exhaust. GT is separate all together.

Hmmm, interesting question though. I have a 67 A-code fastback also with an FoMoCo GT rear valence and the PO was not exactly concerned with adding factory parts.

Seeing as i have drum front brakes, a 120mph speedo, non-GT gas cap, stock grill bars, etc. I'm willing to bet that not all 67's with the cut-out rear valence were GTs.

That won't keep me from restoring mine as a clone though!

-Aaron

"...your son has The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude."
"Can he lead a normal life?"
"No. He'll be an engineer."

G

·
0 Posts
Let's not be too hasty there.... Lots of our beloved Stangs had rear valences replaced along the way, they are cheap metal and easily damaged. FWIW, Delilah, a 67 A code coupe that came loaded with almost every option that year, had a standard rear valence and single exhaust remnants when I bought her in 75. Time has revealed that the GT grille bar was added by a previous owner after an altercation with a parking lot pole (small). Dont assume too much unless you are the original owner. I am the third owner of my 67, and knew the other two P.O.'s. My son is the second owner of his 68 GT. We bought it from the grandaughter of the original owner when their family restoration stalled when Dad died suddenly. Even then, much history has been lost.

"When you hear pounding hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." - Dr. Harold Slavkin, Dean USCSD

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
GT rear valance on a non-GT- No

Dual exhaust on a C code in 67 - Yes

The dual exhaust could have been added so you'll need to check the rear exhaust hangers and their mounting point as well as the rear solid brake line location to determine if it was factory or earlier owner

Jeff Speegle
MCA Shelby Gold Card

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6473
Mustang & Shelby research, documentation

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1609818&a=12284202&p=44925357&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Well it always bothered me when watching the movie Bullitt that his GT had dual straights but no cut-outs on the valance. Everything I've read has insisted that it was a GT car; with that in mind maybe I've been shed some light....

http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/Images/mustang01.JPG

"Sometimes a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information."-The man with no name

G

·
0 Posts
The movie car in Bullitt was actually more than one car, on was a GT and one was not. They were homogenized to look like the FB in the movie.

"When you hear pounding hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." - Dr. Harold Slavkin, Dean USCSD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts