Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I cannot seem to get my rear window regulator back on track. It's a 65 convertible. It wouldn't go down so I removed the assembly but now I cannot get it back on the tracks successfully.

I was looking at some aftermarket regulators and they seem to not be angled quite the same way. Attaching pics, let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Definitely bent like a pretzel! Flatten it back out as the rollers should operate on the same plane. Pull the nylon rollers off and clean the shafts, grease and reinstall/replace the rollers so they spin freely. Clean the old crap out of the tracks and apply new grease (I actually like to use wheel bearing grease as it's sticky). Make sure your regulator cranks fully lock to lock with ease, no binding. If it does, reinstall it and adjust as needed. If not, see about finding a Ford replacement as the repop units are thinner and prone to bending. I'd also recommend since you're there to pull the glass and guide out, clean and lube it as well to make sure it's sliding freely. Your reg got bent for some reason, see if that was why...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts