Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remove them? Actually, I can see how they come out, I have removed the entire rear seat assembly/fold down and all, and the trim pieces. But the little courtesy lights that are in the panels, how do you detach those in order to remove the panel, after it is unscrewed? I was able to pull one of the lights out, but looking inside, there is no disconnect for the wires. Do I have to clip the two wires and then reconnect them?

Gotta have these out by tomorrow, going to the welders on Friday to install the 4 point roll bar. I will take several pictures and post when it is all done.

RJ

·
Registered
93 Posts
RJ.

I believe the courtesy light on the side panel are just a press fit. they should pull out with a little coaxing. An even better aproach might be to remove all the fasteners holding the panel in place and move the panel inboard just enough to reach behind it. Find the wires with ypur hand and about a foot down from the light bezel you will find the wire connectors they are just a push pull bullet type connector. should be fairly easy to disconnect.

HTH Brett

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brett, that is what I needed to know. I didn't actually remove that fiberglass panel yet, but did shine my flashlight in to see if I could see the push together connectors, could not. I'll tackle it tomorrow, but I think the hardest part is done, just have to remove the side panels and lights and presto, ready for a rollbar.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't know about '66, but I just removed those fiberglass panels on my '67 and there was plenty of slack in the courtesy light wires. It was easy to pull the panels out, reach behind them, and unplug the bullet connectors as Brett suggested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts