Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a set of TCP springs with a 1" drop for my 67 vert anyone have any pro's/con's .car is street driven& plan on installing the rear sway bay along with the springs. Hopeing for a noticable difference in the looks& handling of the car.Suspect the springs are what came on it as it seems to sit lower than I think it should in the rear. Plan on replacing all the rear bushings with the springs as all the rubber on the front was in bad shape when I replaced the front parts. Anyone have suggestions as to what you consider a good combination of parts for a good look ,ride & better handling on these rear suspension parts?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Mid eye or reverse eye, so u don’t look like a 4x4. I run 4.5/5 leafs. I use rubber, no poly. I would ditch the rear sway idea, and supplement with really good shocks. I also like using Shelby underriders. Bilsteins are what everyone likes for shocks.

Reactions: BlakeTX

·
Dimples
4,702 Posts
Mid eye or reverse eye, so u don’t look like a 4x4. I run 4.5/5 leafs. I use rubber, no poly. I would ditch the rear sway idea, and supplement with really good shocks. I also like using Shelby underriders. Bilsteins are what everyone likes for shocks.
Perfectly said. I’ll just reiterate for effect:
NO REAR SWAY BAR.

·
6,988 Posts
The 1" drop mid-eye leaf spring is a good start. If your springs are worn, you will likely actually raise the rear of the car, not lower it. As far as other mods...it depends on your budget. I do like my Konis.

I agree with the above that rubber is the way to go on the bushings. Beware that rear frame rails are prone to rusting...so if yours have truely never been off the car...you may be in for a nasty surprise....but nothing that can't be fixed by learning how to weld and buying new steel (that's what happened to me anyway) Good luck!

Phil

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
In retrospect I wish I went with reverse eye , I'm using a HD 4 leaf mid Magna(before they switched to Grab a Track) leaf set from Mustangs Plus Prothane rear shackle kit with stock front eye bushing
DSCN0004.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts