Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Fastback T5 331 TCI Frt End, Canted 4 link rear susp
1,475 Posts
Theres no rust frees ones unless restored in my area and this car means alot to me my dad bought for me as my first car as project for us back in highschool, along with both of my grandfathers have helped me along the way restoring her back to what she was I'm just trying to get the most out her and make her last for years to come to come. The that represents alot to me to become a donor so that's definitely not an option everything else has been restored, I came on this forum to ask for advice in repairing the as best as possible and most you all have basic to me to throw something that cherish away instead of giving me decent advice. The ones that didn't give advice thank you I commend you but see these comments I will not ask for advice again
Sorry you feel that way. You came here asking for opinions and that's what you got. When it comes to safety, most people on this forum will give you their honest opinion.
When you go to the doctor with a cough, don't get mad when they suggest you stop smoking...

·
7,231 Posts
I get it. I've done these car projects with all 3 of my boys. Fact is, the cars mean a lot more to them then they do to me. Talk it over with your Dad. I bet he'll know what to do.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Theres no rust frees ones unless restored in my area and this car means alot to me my dad bought for me as my first car as project for us back in highschool, along with both of my grandfathers have helped me along the way restoring her back to what she was I'm just trying to get the most out her and make her last for years to come to come. The that represents alot to me to become a donor so that's definitely not an option everything else has been restored, I came on this forum to ask for advice in repairing the as best as possible and most you all have basic to me to throw something that cherish away instead of giving me decent advice. The ones that didn't give advice thank you I commend you but see these comments I will not ask for advice again
You never mentioned a sentimental attachment to the car. So now, that explains why you want to keep it and fix it. So now, people may be more willing to give you advice on how to fix it. To do it yourself, you will need to be very skilled at metal work and welding. Something I am not. To have it done professionally, it will cost a lot. Don't use a body shop. Use a quality restoration shop that has a fair amount of experience with Mustangs. You did not give your location but Mustang Restorations in East Dundee, Illinois are excellent. If you want it as a daily driver, do not skimp! You might consider going ahead with the work but keep it as a weekend cruiser rather than expose it to the perils of daily driving.

Good luck with the path you choose.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts