Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a HUGE diff , my car handles almost completly flat at all times now. i love the way it goes into turns so well now and it feels like the rear tires follow the front's perfectly while carving into turns. ..makes me wonder why i waited so long to buy a big rear sway bar ..with the front bar, KYB's all around and eibach springs up front this thing sure does handle like a champ now, i love it, i cant say enough good things about it

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
I love the effect of my rear bar also. You have done the Shelby drop haven't you/ I didn't see it in the list at the bottom of your post but that could be because you ran out of room.

John Harvey

·
Registered
412 Posts
Next step - have sub-frames installed. This in combo with the sway bar is awesome.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a 1970 Mach1 with sub frame connectors but no front or rear sway bar....Will it make that big of a difference??? It doesn't feel bad now but you guys have me very curious.....in case you are wondering why it does not have either...The car was a drag car and the previous owner removed them.....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Unbelievable difference. My 68 conv. has standard suspension, I didn't do anything to it other than new shocks. The ride is a soft "old car" feel to it. The 67 FB has 620 one inch drop springs on the front plus a one inch sway bar and on the back new leaf springs and a three quarter inch sway bar with new shocks all the around also. This car has a very firm race car feel to it, no and I mean no roll while cornering. I was astounded with the difference. By the way both cars have 289's and auto tansmissions.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sub frames are in my future for certain ...after feeling the difference in handling just from the rear bar , im curious to see if the sub frames would improve it that much more. but as it stands i cant believe how well the car can handle.. and no, i dont have the shelby A arm mod done to my car. i may get around to it when i do the front end rebuild bc i know it could use one.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Just sharing our experience. The 620 springs may be too much. For our 66 we went with a 1 1/4" RSB 7/8" FSB combo, TCI non-coil over front-did the shelby upper A-Arm relo, weld on sub frame connectors, KYB gas stocks, Polygraphite bushings & a shelby-R front cross member. Even prior to the subframe and cross member adds the springs were too tight for us. Now we are entertaining steping down as far as 485lb springs.

Just a thought.

Pat

·
Registered
44 Posts
How do you link those eibach springs up front? Those are the progressive rated spring correct? Did you cut a half coil out to lower the front?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts