Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new Street Bandit Suspension Kit from NPD (page 52 the catalog) and it comes with a rear sway bar. Hmmm...my car doesn't have a rear sway bar originally, so do I have to drill holes in my frame in order to put the sway bar on, or are they there and I just don't see them? If they are there, could I see some pictures of exactly where they are, or a detailed description? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
If the kit includes the Addco sway bar, you'll have to drill four holes in the frame to make it fit. It's not a very big deal. They have two U-bolts that slide through the frame and attach the sway bar to the frame rails. The bar then bolts to the spring in front of the axle mount.

If it isn't an Addco bar then I have no clue!!

Dave ::

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where exactly do the holes go? Is it just kind of touch-and-go as to exactly where they are supposed to be drilled?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!!! That's exactly what I needed. Really appreciate it. Man, ask and ye shall recieve!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I noticed the blocks between the rearend and the springs. I have seen this before and curious the purpose they serve. I have a 9" Mercury rearend w/ disks and adding it to a 66 coupe.

·
Registered
804 Posts
forgive my ignorance...I have a 9" going in my 66 coupe and would like to lower the car 1". I have 620 coils for the front that lowers an inch and plan on mid-eye springs in the rear which lowers an inch. Will I still need the blocks? Do they accomplish the same as the mid-eyes or do they serve another purpose.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The blocks are just a diffarent way to lower the car,you can either use blocks or the reverse or mideye springs. Ron.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Matt it might pay to reinforce your frame rail where the U bolts fit i,ve heard storys of the U bolts trying to tear out of the frame rail.

BTW nice set of twins you,ve got their. Ron.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts