Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone here that has the MTF mini tubes and rolled lips as far as rim and Largest tire size they have.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
In their forum they say a 295 tire will work with their minitubs. Theirs is designed to retain a stock interior.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
I assume you have a 3 or 4 link rear suspension? I don't think mini tubs would add any additional tire clearance with leaf springs in the stock location. At least not on my 65 as my tires will hit the springs about the same time they hit the inner wheelhouse.

Reactions: Huntingky and rpm

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I assume you have a 3 or 4 link rear suspension? I don't think mini tubs would add any additional tire clearance with leaf springs in the stock location. At least not on my 65 as my tires will hit the springs about the same time they hit the inner wheelhouse.
I personally installed the Crites leaf spring relocation kit on my car. I choose this route because of costs and I felt the car will do all that I want it to do with leafs. A four link is still attractive but I doubt I will ever go that route.

On the DSE site it says I should be able to run a 315 in the rear but I'm sure that will have a lot to do with how low my car ends up. I'm a long ways from fitting tires rims under it. I need to measure again but I think I have about 12.5 or 13 inches from the lip to the inner tub. I still need to roll the lip which should add another 1/4 inch or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts