Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the rain has stopped (after doing the water pump in the pick up), I turn my attention once again to the car. As I said earlier, I have new repro quarters and a new repro valance. The valance is about 1 1/2" too short or about 3/4 each side:

http://www.rileysdm.com/mustang/valance.jpg

Now, should I fill it in with All-Metal? will this crack over time and leave me with a bigger mess or maybe weld a "plate" onto the quarter somehow to fill in the gap?
any suggestions are appreciated

·
Registered
235 Posts
had the same problem with my 67 fastback i welded a small piece on to make it fit properly.used the old valance to cut piece from so ened up with a nice finished ends

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Weld a bit on each end.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I was thinking of making a bracket with a hole it it and bolting the bracket on to the valance to pull the valance up flush.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I also had to mig weld some beads and grind them to extend/shape the ends of a repro rear valance to make the gap between it and the quarters acceptable. It was also neceassary to remove the two end mounting brackets and relocate them to achieve a better fit. The end result was worth the extra work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts