Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have to replace the Rear Wheel Cylinders of my mustang 1965 v8 I have seen that they are not all the same can you help me understand which ones I have to order, here in Italy it is not easy 馃槥
thank you
Bicycle part Metal Auto part Composite material Rim

Premium Member
Ford changed the diameter of the pistons inside the wheel cylinders during production. I believe some of the diameters were 27/32", 28/32" (7/8"), 29/32" and 30/32" (15/16"). As I recall there was a certain size used with front drums and a different size used with front discs. I'm not knowledgeable in all of the differences but somebody here will be- maybe Chockostang.

Registered
1965 Ford Mustang fastback T5 Ncas 9in Locker
Biggest thing is which side... and year these are available from Virginia Classic mustang.
Reading some of your OLD posts you say 66 in one and 65 in another.
Pictures are for a 65...check with www.virginiaclassicmustang.com once you sure of your vehicles year.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[/CITAZIONE]
La cosa pi霉 grande 猫 da che parte... e l'anno questi sono disponibili da Virginia Classic mustang.
Leggendo alcuni dei tuoi VECCHI post dici 66 in uno e 65 in un altro.
Le foto sono per un 65 ... controlla con www.virginiaclassicmustang.com

mi dispiace in quel post ho scritto male la macchina e un 65 anche se 猫 stato prodotto il 64 settembre
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

Registered
See my 1967 parts needs in my signature below!
Alessandro,
Since you car is a 1965 model year, it should have rear wheel cylinders with 29/32 inch bores.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts