Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new here, and I hope I'm posting this in the right place. My dad and I are *finally* fixing up my first car (I got it when I was 16, 22 years ago, but it's been parked for about 17 years). It's a 1969 Grande, but I took the vinyl top off a long time ago, and now I need some kind of moulding for the rear window (I discarded the original black moulding when I pulled the vinyl top off). I can't find anywhere to order rear window chrome moulding for a 69 coupe...what should I do???

Thanks so much,
James

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Welcome!
That's a used-only item as far as I know. Try checking the parts section of this site.
HTH
--Kyle

·
Registered
69 Posts
I actually kept my vinyl roof rear window molding after the vinyl was removed. I painted it a contrasting color to my car and it gives the rear window a preception of depth. I think it looks great. Check out my cardomain link below to see what it looks like. Good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
the only trim piece for the rear window on a 69 is that vinyl top trim piece, there was no chrome molding available. i think there may have been a chrome molding for the 70 coupes that might interchange but i don't know where you could even begin looking for it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The 69-70 coupes had the same rear window moldings one was all chrome and one had black in it I may have it if you don't find any close to you I will check for it and condition of it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You can try this used parts source here in vegas...

Mustang & Cougar Performance
702-646-8767

1 - 6 of 6 Posts