Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My I-6 66 coupe is up and running but I know nothing has been done to the carb in...ever. The car's just a weekend cruiser and the plan is to just upgrade/repair what I can to make it a reliable, safe ride. So I'm wondering whether I should just rebuild the Autolite 1100 (or have a guy do it for $150) or think of getting a whole different unit which might be more steady. Again, not looking for top performance.
Thanks for the opinions!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought of doing it myself, still might, but also think it will never get done if I wait for a free day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I rebuilt my 1100 autolite carb and was amazed at how easy it was. It is a very simple carb. You will probably do a better job than the other guy!

·
Registered
863 Posts
I rebuilt my 1100 autolite carb and was amazed at how easy it was. It is a very simple carb. You will probably do a better job than the other guy!
+1 ...The hardest part is buying a kit. Autozone told me it wasnt available ...Oriellys had to order it , but had it for me a few days later.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If your not upgrading it I would spend the time and do it myself. I would pay the $150 only if you really don't have the time. Good luck.

·
Registered
35,897 Posts
It's an excellent carb, far better than the Ford Service Replacement carbs. Dead easy to rebuild, a child could do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All right, you all have convinced me. I'll save the $150 for something else, like the suspension! Thanks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Rebuild it ur self I rebuilt my autolite 2100, it was easier than i thought, just pull it apart clean it and replace the parts in the kit and put it back on the car, do a search and follow the procedures for the 1100

1 - 10 of 10 Posts