Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the motor in my 72 vert is original i believe.its got 95k miles on it. its a 2 barrel w/single exhaust. i'd like some more power but dont want to get too radical.should i rebuild the motor i got or go the crate engine route. and if i rebuild what should i do to it for more power.thanks for the advice.randy :)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I'm Telling ya Randy, FBD 2. Drop a 429 in that baby, you won't regret it! Well you might, every time you stop in a gas station :: :eek:

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Just put a Holly 2barrel 500 cfm with split exhaust and headers on SWMBO's vert, made quite a difference ::

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I tried to have my original 289 rebuilt and the mechanic did a MAJOR DOOFUS when installing the intake manifold ,He didn't torque it properly and after running for 5 minutes it leaked water into the #8 and blew a HOLE in the NEW Hyperutetic piston and the cylinder wall. Just threw a lot of $$$$$ in a hole . But the Good news is I found a Quality mechanic afterwards that helped me with a Reman Jasper 289 engine. So far I've put 50K on it and have not had to do anything to it (except change the oil). The jasper motor comes with 3 year or 75k warranty and the installed cost for me including new radiator was $3k. Bored 30 over, 302 crank, mild cam. runs like a scalded dog. My 2 cents :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts