Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When my dad passed away a few years ago, he left me his Mach 1 Mustang. He had it running many years back, I think he was changing the engine from a 427 to something bigger. But time and family caused him to never finish it. My mom kept inside the garage Until I was ready to move it to my house a s start the rebuild. I am totally a novice and not sure where to start in rebuilding it.

·
Registered
67 Fastback T5 331 TCI Frt End, Canted 4 link rear susp
1,165 Posts
Start off by posting a bunch of photos of everything. Then what you think you'd like to do with the car, budget, etc, and there are plenty of people here that will give you some good advise.

·
Registered
311 Posts
When my dad passed away a few years ago, he left me his Mach 1 Mustang. He had it running many years back, I think he was changing the engine from a 427 to something bigger. But time and family caused him to never finish it. My mom kept inside the garage Until I was ready to move it to my house a s start the rebuild. I am totally a novice and not sure where to start in rebuilding it.
Great car, sorry for the passing of your DAD. When I hear 427-428 my ears perk up, there are many that will help you reach your goal. Lets see the heart of the all mighty one. Would love to help you get it back on the road.! (y)

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
7,351 Posts
First off my condolences for the loss of your dad. Obviously the car meant a lot to him, wanting to leave it to someone in the family. Looks like a solid car. And welcome to the forum and I'm looking forward to following along with your journey.

·
4,815 Posts
I do miss mine, sold it to a friend back in the 90's. Sorry to hear about your dad. You have a couple of options/paths to go with building it. Just remember, its your car and you need to do what makes you happy with it.

·
Super Moderator
11,390 Posts
I do miss mine, sold it to a friend back in the 90's. Sorry to hear about your dad. You have a couple of options/paths to go with building it. Just remember, its your car and you need to do what makes you happy with it.
View attachment 795589
View attachment 795590
Centerlines and yellow Lakewoods, so COOL!

I miss those obligatory add ons.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My advice to which ever kid gets my unrestored Mach that I got in high school in 72 would be "sell it... It was my car I couldn't part with it but that's me.,It was my fantasy live your own"

·
Premium Member
14,078 Posts
That's a Toploader 4 speed with an aftermarket shifter. What's the code on that metal tag attached to the main case?

·
Premium Member
14,078 Posts
From mustanngtek:

RUG-D2

'68-'69 289-302 Fairlane Falcon28 spline

Wide ratio

Body C8AR-7006-D

Tail C7OR-7A040-A

1 - 20 of 26 Posts