Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Mach 1 351 Black Jade
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I should look out for during the rebuild? Also should I replace my original turn signal switch assembly while I'm at it?

1969 non-tilt steering column. I have no idea if the signal switch is good or bad.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
buy the best most expensive switch that NPD has...or ask them for the best...the cheapies can be bad out of the box.

Reactions: GOAT69

·
Super Moderator
11,659 Posts
Is there anything I should look out for during the rebuild? Also should I replace my original turn signal switch assembly while I'm at it?

1969 non-tilt steering column. I have no idea if the signal switch is good or bad.

We just so happen to have an Expert here on the board, @CHOCK

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Not knowing if the TSS is good or bad, I'd take the chance on it being good. If not, I'd track down an NOS original before going to an aftermarket TSS. Just my .02

John

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
buy the best most expensive switch that NPD has...or ask them for the best...the cheapies can be bad out of the box.
I am actually in the process of restoring my steering column at the moment as well.

NPD's site is rather confusing for this piece since the expensive switch they have is $45 and the SD switch is $30, but the notes say the SD switch is the best and that its being reproduced by 4 different suppliers now. Both switches have the same 4 star review rating. I really wish that someone sold a switch that had a wiring connection that wasn't riveted at the cam...wanting to upgrade a couple of the wires that run there to 14 gauge and those connections make that a very difficult prospect. I have shelved the replacement of the switch until I figure out a workable solution(probably have to be very careful and strip and solder right at the connector to manage it)

On this topic...does anyone sell an upgraded upper shaft bearing? might as well take the opportunity to upgrade, I know they make a better bearing than what is in there(not that its a bad bearing by any means, just an opportunity for a bit smoother bearing)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.