Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I received my new Griffin Radiator today and tried to install It.It has a very poor fit .The transmission cooler lines are not located in the correct area as the original so I will be reworking my transmission lines.the drain [censored] is located to low in the bottom tank and hitting the frame so I guess I will be loosing that also.I have the large tank mounting radiator and the brackets are also not fitting back into place so I think I will be modifing those also.I purchased the heavy duty 24" radiator.Everyone else has just raved about the fit of thier new Griffin.I guess fate just doesn't like me.Has anyone else that purchased a tank mount radiator had any problems ?Am I expecting too much from a 500.00 radiator ?Now don't get me wrong I'm not trying to flame Griffin.The radiator appears to be a quality made product and looks very nice.I just wasn't expecting to have to rework so much. ::

·
Vendor
5,209 Posts
Hello Scott,

That doesn't sound right. I've never seen one of these radiators that didn't bolt straight in. Why don't you email me your phone number to [email protected] I'll call you tomorrow morning and we can discuss the fit issues. We have a very good relationship with Griffin so I have no doubt we can get this issue resolved.

In the mean time, don't hack up your car or the radiator! We'll get this worked out ASAP! Perhaps they sent you the wrong one? Hmmm... Hang in there!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Just a thought ... everyone one of us that have raved about the fit have had '65/'66's. I've yet to see anyone with a later model rant and rave about them. Most likely due to the fact that there are so many cheaper aluminum options out there for the '67/later.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Scott I installed my new Griffin 24" radiator in my 69 about 2 weeks ago and it fit like a glove. I have a stick in my car so I did not have to mess with the cooler lines. I ordered the heavy duty one with the 1 1/4" cores.

·
Vendor
5,209 Posts
John,

Every single one of Griffins rads should fit right in to it's intended vehicle. That's how they design/make them. Assuming the car it's going into has the correct stock mounting brackets/rad support of course.

We've fitted them into 65-66, 67, 68's and 69's all direct bolt ins...

Something is goofy with this radiator, we'll nail it down and help fix the problem.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Snigger Snigger....Sorry nothing to do with your radiator problem, but somebody has to be the little kid here fascinated by the censorship of your post.......Guess we just can't call it a Radiator drain co$# anymore.....Perhaps it should be the radiator ummm....drain hole thingy! ::

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
That is kinda funny... I didn't know it was in the list of bad words... it's interesting as a choice though as there are way more legitimate meanings for the word than the one bad meaning...

-bob

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'll have to check mine, when I get it. I ordered the same one with an auto transmission. I'm also expecting a direct bolt in. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts