Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum, joined last week. Located in Southeastern WI.
I recently had my 1967 Mustang 289 3 speed repainted in Northern WI.
This was sitting in my dads garage for 25 years, my son in law and I made it come back to life!
This car means a lot to me because it came from my Dad, and plan on keeping it in the family.
mustang.jpg
mustang3.jpg
mustang4.jpg

mustang engine.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Nice car Randy!
What did you have to do to get it in running condition after sitting so long?
Usually many things have to be addressed for reliability.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Car looks great! What color gray is that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really nice!! Beautiful car. Paint looks great.
I'm going to be wheel/tire shopping soon.... what rims and size tires do you have?
Thanks for posting~

·
Registered
954 Posts
Nice ride, Randy. Isn't it a bit cool in WI for a convertible? I know convertibles are a bit rare here in the PNW due to a bit the wet stuff.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yea that's one nice lookin' pony! Never seen one dark charcoal grey, but it looks sharp! Don't keep us hangin', let us know what you had to do to bring it back to life, any mods, and what would you do differently...

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking ride, ya got there too.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats on fixing up your dad's '67, and getting to do it with your son-in-law; no doubt a bonding experience for the two of you. I look forward to hearing what had to be done to resurrect the car, as well as maybe a few "before" pics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice car Randy!
What did you have to do to get it in running condition after sitting so long?
Usually many things have to be addressed for reliability.
The brakes were locked up freed um up replaced pads .Changed gas tank oil pump carpet and convertible top Installed hi rise intake with six fifty for barrow holly carb . My son in law did body and paint work ten years ago. Then had it repainted one month ago the car had a good body and engine and transmision

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on fixing up your dad's '67, and getting to do it with your son-in-law; no doubt a bonding experience for the two of you. I look forward to hearing what had to be done to resurrect the car, as well as maybe a few "before" pics.
the car is special to me because my dad had before

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea that's one nice lookin' pony! Never seen one dark charcoal grey, but it looks sharp! Don't keep us hangin', let us know what you had to do to bring it back to life, any mods, and what would you do differently...
The horse stayed in my dads grange twenty years .With dreams of fixing it up years went by then i told him id like it some day he decided it was time and sold to me it did not look like that in the pictures the new paint had a little red pearl mix in with gray

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really nice!! Beautiful car. Paint looks great.
I'm going to be wheel/tire shopping soon.... what rims and size tires do you have?
Thanks for posting~
Thanks The rims are newer type with black finish on inside american racing fourteen inch . this way i did not need any spacers the tires are fourteen inch bf goodrich

1 - 20 of 32 Posts