Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of planning my engine swap. I have a 68 coupe that still has the original 2V 289 and I plan on swapping in a late model drive train out of a Fox body. I am planning on using all of the pulleys and accessories and am wondering if either a) the AC compressor that comes with the Vintage Air kit will work with the Fox body bracket system or if b) I can use the AC compressor from a Fox body with the Vintage Air system.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably ought to call Vintage Air.

Phli
I did (emailed them) and they said I should use the OEM compressor but I would need adapters to connect their hoses to the OEM compressor. Was throwing this out there to see if anyone had any other ideas.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
I'm doing the same thing right now, and I have an old Fox compressor to line up all the brackets. I did a google image search and it looks like they are the same exact compressor fittings.
I sent the same e-mail to vintage air and I got back a cryptic message about how they sell just the condenser and I could buy the rest of the parts elsewhere. I never did get my answer I was looking for.
I think they hired a 13 year old to reply back to the tech e-mails since it seems like something my kids would send me. I figured I would just call them when I'm ready to pull the trigger.
Also, I think they want sales to go through vendors, so you might contact a Vintage Air vendor to get you the answer you need.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm doing the same thing right now, and I have an old Fox compressor to line up all the brackets. I did a google image search and it looks like they are the same exact compressor fittings.
I sent the same e-mail to vintage air and I got back a cryptic message about how they sell just the condenser and I could buy the rest of the parts elsewhere. I never did get my answer I was looking for.
I think they hired a 13 year old to reply back to the tech e-mails since it seems like something my kids would send me. I figured I would just call them when I'm ready to pull the trigger.
Also, I think they want sales to go through vendors, so you might contact a Vintage Air vendor to get you the answer you need.
I got a reply back from the place I contacted about the adapters and they said the ones on the compressor should work fine. I also got a reply back from Vintage about the cost of the kit WITHOUT the compressor and they said "about" $1100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts