Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we are finally getting ready to take the coupe in to have it repainted after the dogs got a hold of it... I would rather not drive around looking for a "reputable" body shop and take the chance of having found the worse one in town (that would be my luck).. Can any DFWer's recommend paint/body shops they have dealt with and walked away from happy? I know someone had mentioned NOT to go to Voss.. so that is out of the question.. My insurance company wants me to take it to Dennings in Lewisville, and I have thought about driving it over to Streetwerks off I-35. Any other suggestions?

TIA,
Brian

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Dogs?

I had my 70 Ranchero GT painted at the Terrel Ford place. They did a really good job but that was several years ago and the manager of the paint shiop was trying to make a name for himself. They wound up keeping several pictures of my car. This was the first car they had ever painted in Kronar so Dupont even showed up with a couple of factory engineer types to supervise the whole job.

My best advise is to ask for some references and go visit and have them show you other people's cars that they are working on. You will get a pretty good idea what kind of work they do from that. Good luck finding anybody these days. Most of the shops I know of won't do custom work anymore. They only go where the money is which is insurance collision repair.

You can see my 65 fastback at: http://hottarod.stangnet.com/
http://members.aol.com/macstang/Gifs/macstang6.jpg

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I won't start shopping for a body shop for at least another year or so and things may change by then. But, I plan to ask around at the North Texas Mustang Club when the time comes. There is a meeting this coming Thursday, I can ask around for you if you want. You can E-mail me directly at [email protected]. You could also call the guys at Dallas Mustang at 1-800-Mustang and ask them.

Jason
Formerly Bluestangcom
"Got gas?"
Vintage Burgundy'66 Conv. 289 & C4. GT-ized
Strawberry/Silver '91GT
Rust/Red/Turquoise '67 coupe - Parting Out
Guards Red 2000 Porsche Boxster

http://www.bluestang.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't help you. But the NTMC comment was good. I know their first cruise night is the First Saturday in April at the Cracker Barrel in Lewisville. You might try going their and asking around. I plan on being there.

Good luck

TJ - Highland Village, TX (DFW area)

66 coupe 302 2v c4 -daily driver
94 GT vert -SWMBO's
93 Aerostar - hauling stuff
50 Mercury Pickup - waiting to be restored, stored back home
//members.home.com/tjs-stang/66coupe/Mvc-047s.jpg

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
If you don't mind traveling to San Antonio, try:

Jeff Lilly Restorations, Ltd.210-695-5151 11125 FM 1560, San Antonio, Texas
http://www.jefflilly.com/

They have done many Mustangs and have even done some "How To" articles for some Mustang magazines.

Rich
Used to Live in SA

1966 Mustang GT convertible

·
Registered
62 Posts
Raymonds Paint & Body in Crowley ( just south of Fort Worth)does good work. He's done many custom jobs.

1966 fastback,289,C4,Tri-Y,Pertronix,Edelbrock

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure, but as a warning, just north of Denton there's a Classic Car Yard, They are WAY too expensive...and over charge for the smallest parts, and most common parts, (before I knew about Dallas Mustang they charged my 90 bucks for a regulator that went bad 3 months later. I went out there again...and couldn't help but notice they didn't pull the unit I asked them to. )

1968 Coupe, 6cyl Std, Bench Seat. Driven through 10 years of College.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Larry Moss - Mustangs N More. He's off I-35 and Laureland (south of dallas). I am very satisfied with the paint job he did on my mach. I decided on him because he's a one-man operation, he's a good guy who cares about what you want and I've seen many cars he painted 10 years ago - they still looked great. You're welcome to come by and see my mach any time. Just send me an e-mail. Chris

70 Mach 1 (351C 4V 4-speed) I've been restoring since '96. 95% complete. Also have a '68 HT (289 2-speed) that I restored between '97-98 and is FOR SALE! The VMF has proven to be an invaluable resource for information, humor and excellent advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts