Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
71 bright blue metallic. Best brand and type? Also, i have some eastwood underhood black. how close to factory is it?

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
I'm very happy with the Galsurit (bc/cc) used on my convertible, "original" '68 Lime Gold (who knows if it really loooks like what rolled off the line 40+ years ago, but it looks good to me!)

I will be using it again on my '68 Royal Maroon S GT coupe (but no clear coat, just solid color).

Recommended by my shop, looks great...

I'm not going to argue with their painter over brand as they have won trophies at Pebble Beach, and have restored cars who's right front wheel would be worth more than both my S codes...

Many other alternatives.

Not sure what they used for the engine bay SG Black.. but it looks great too!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yeh! What Richard said ; ) Same paint on mine. Expensive But, it's one of the leading brands and you get what you pay for...... ; )

I also used there black tinter with flattening base to obtain the ingine bay and hood black outs

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
Mine was painted with RM Diamont BC/CC. It's a good mid-range paint at $200/gal for base. You can spend a lot more.....

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Wow, so the highly marketed Dupont products aren't the way to go?

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
dalorzo_f said:
I'm not going to argue with their painter over brand as they have won trophies at Pebble Beach, ..........................

That's really something considering the distance the the invite only format.

Builders (Pebble Beach winners also) locally have done the same with simple PPG/Ditzler single stage ;)

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
My painter used a high end German based paint called Speis Hecker. A bc/cc system. I had never heard of it but he said you won't be disappointed and car will win trophies. He was right, paint looks awesome and last couple years have won several Best of Shows. Comments on the paint everytime I gas up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts