Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the typical Haynes or Chilton books, are there any others that you guys (and girls) fee is the repair bible? I am really interested in the electrical schematic layout. My daughter's newly aquired '65 coupe has been vandalized so much I would like to simply replace all the harnesses so it can become reliable each time we insert the key. Now, there are so many loose and disconnected wires both under the dash as well in the engine compartment, I don't know where to begin.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The books that I find most useful are 1) the reproduction shop manual. It has all the specs/diagrams etc. 2) the reproduction factory assembly manuals illustrate how/where to physically install everything. I believe there are 4 or five of these available. Also the Mustang Restoration Guide by Cochran is very good. Good luck.
Joe

·
Registered
650 Posts
The books that I find most useful are 1) the reproduction shop manual. It has all the specs/diagrams etc. 2) the reproduction factory assembly manuals illustrate how/where to physically install everything. I believe there are 4 or five of these available. Also the Mustang Restoration Guide by Cochran is very good. Good luck.
Joe

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was gonna say try to find the Ford Shop Manual for that year. They were sent from the Factory, to the shop Mech, to use as their bible. If you have access to e-bay, they have a section of books like that, or surf a little.
William

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Go here, download catalog, look at pgs 170 & 172.
I like these two:
Factory Shop Man. (must have) L-23, $47 (these can be found used on ebay, for $10 -$25, also)
Wiring diagram L-28, $6

The set of Factory Assembly Manuals are nice too, but seem to be repeats of the info in the Shop Manual. Set of 6 or buy individualy L-31b,32b,33b (electrical),34b,35b,64b, $16 each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts