Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a reproduction body buck tag from Marti auto works. I got it today and it looks fantastic. I went ahead and painted the same color as the engine bay and installed. At this point, something caught my eye and now I'm wondering if two of the digits are transposed. I'm hoping some of you with your own body buck tags can confirm something for me.

The VIN for my vehicle is 6T08K214077 Data plate info is 76B Y 62 22B 21 E 6. The buck tag has a couple of numbers at the top, which don't concern me, but the second line starts 22 B21 6T08K214077. I'm pretty sure the DSO (21) was transposed with the day of build (22). So I believe the tag should say 21 B22 6T08K214077.

So, my question is am I reading the tag correctly in that the DSO is first and the day/month is second? If so, I'll need to call Marti Auto Works tomorrow to have this one sent back and another one produced. It's a bummer because I've been waiting since April 23rd. Oh well, I'm sure they'll take care of the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks. Kevin

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
It looks to me like the B is just too far to the right. I would not worry about it. A factory buck tag would have the same kind of inconsistencies

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. My questions have been answered and it appears I was mistaken on the meaning of the first two digits. Everything is fine with tag. Thanks again. Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts