Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the antique plates to tax/regisration office today.Got some funny looks because usually you have to send them to austin but now they do them in house ,i was the first...got my little metal tag that goes on the plate,its good till 2008.!!!no inspection or registratin whoo hooo..
question:Are you guys mounting the antique tab on the back or putting it in the car with you??

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I registered mine in CO as an antique. It was a really neat plate that was good for 5 years. Of course I had to pay for 5 years registration upfront. And, of course, I moved to New Orleans in less than a year (no refund). It now makes a neat wall ornament in my garage here in AZ. Such is life.

·
Registered
966 Posts
What kind of restrictions came with that Antique registration? Will you be able to actually drive the car anyplace other than shows/events? I've heard mixed reports and wasn't sure how Texas handles the Antique aspect.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hello.I've never registered one of mine as an antique because when you do that in texas you can only drive them legally in parades or to and from shows.I just use the appropriate year plates and register that like a vanity plate.But then,I drive my cars regularly. :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Veronica,

I did the same so I could drive my car anytime. 1965 plates on my 65 FB. I did not like the restrictions on antique plates.

Enjoy ::

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well there are restrictions but mine isnt a daily driver,its a weekend cruser,i putt around every once and a while,i figured why pay alot in registration and insurance(hagerty $156 year)if i aint got to?? also exempt from inspection and registration sticker every year....

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've done the same. My fear was that I wouldn't be able to tool around anytime I wanted with Antique plates. Guess that answers my curiosity...

·
Registered
156 Posts
question:Are you guys mounting the antique tab on the back or putting it in the car with you??

In Texas, mount the tag on the rear plate.

G

·
0 Posts
Antique tag in Fla means no more registration fees EVER! Just a very small tax to get new reg stickers. (like 5 bucks a year). No restrictions, just have to be old. Best part is they are blue here and will match my silver-blue coupe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts