Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have documented the roadtrip (1500 miles round trip) at
this web page
It was quite an adventure! Be sure to check it out. This was to bring home a surprise Christmas Mustang that a friend's wife was giving to her husband.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Great story I have a couple, but I am sure many of the other folks also have some similar stories. Great job of documenting everything.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I had a similar trip in a 55 300C that was suppodly just needing paint but looke more like a restoration project with a gutted interior stuffed with parts and NO HEAT in the same kinf of whether going from Cleavland to Atlanta. Fortunately it lost the tranny in KY and I flew home or I might have froze to death. Your story brought back memories of that adventure that, beleive it or not I look back on fondly. Cool story, hope he likes the stang!! (who wouldnl't!!)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good story, too bad I didn't know you were doing this. I live 45 minutes south of Springfield and Commute every day. I work for Dept of Public works, for the City of Springfield. I would have gladly checked this car out.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Wow, great story. I really enjoyed reading about your exploits. What a great friend you are and have.

I recommend you contact MM or M&F magazine and see if they would publish an article from what you described on you web site. It is definitely worthy of publication.

And boy did that bring back memories of my winter 1997 trip from Wisconsin to Alabama in the 67 GT 350 I bought (flew in drove home)...no heat...boy was it cold. I put on every shirt I packed and stopped often for coffee to warm up. In the end, found the heater cable was disconnected. :chainsaw: Oh, the car itself brings back memories too...had one just like it (but standard interior) when I joined the service 24 years ago (sold it right before entering).

I hope your friend enjoys his new mustang and appreciates what it took to get it to him. I hope he appreciates his wife too for a great present. I wish mine would support my love of the hobby like her.

Merry Christmas Steve

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
That's a great story and a pic of Doug's face when he recieves the car would be a nice finish to the story. That's a very good thing you two have done for your friend. I'm sure he will b e very grafetful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts