Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't realized that 2002 is an election year here in sunny California, and the governor's office is on the ballot. Might be a really good time for all of us to drop Guv Gray Davis a line and let him know how we feel about remote sensing, Smog Check II, his recent veto of the black plate bill and the whole insane smog credit for crushed old cars concept. You can e-mail him at www.governor.ca.gov. I'm sure he'd love to hear from all of you. Especially after the bang up job he's done with the energy plans for California during his administration. He's got to be feeling the need for some friends in the electorate.

Regards,
RagTop

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by RagTop on 03/21/01 07:11 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Hey, then maybe they'll see the lack of current registration sticker on my license plate too....*G*...I'm curious as to how many cops will follow me and not pull me over....we're up to 7 at this point....

Of course, the fee's been paid and the sticker is in the glove box...
*G*

IMO, there will never be any effective enforcement of such an illogical and short-sighted legislation....remember the 55mph speed limit out here?

Ding Dong Davis will be long gone soon....

Pat
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570936&a=11937754&p=42910787.jpg

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just sent him a "rambling" e-mail addressing the issues I cited above. I'm sure he'll never read it personally, but maybe, just maybe, his advisors will start to become aware of somebody besides the Sierra Club if they keep hearing from enough of us.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Can't hurt...good for you for taking the time...

What scares me is if Willie Brown runs for governor.......

It'll be brown rot all over again....*G*

Pat
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570936&a=11937754&p=42910787.jpg

·
Registered
553 Posts
As a new vintage Mustang owner and as a person who is literally caught up in the energy mess here in California, let me tell you. . . I don't think anyone else could possibly do anything worse than what's already been done. But, please don't forget, Pete Wilson and the Utilities created the energy nightmare we are living now. I only hope that they will leave my vintage Mustang alone!! Of course I will send in my two cents worth.

Pam

[color:red]Just another wrench-turner</font color=red>
[color:blue]1967 Coupe, v8 302 - Hers</font color=blue>
[color:purple]1990 Nissan Pathfinder - His</font color=purple>

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
So what's the deal with RS Smog Check II? I live in Colorado, and they're currently debating whether or not we should drop the drive in-sit-on-dyno-with-tailpipe-sensor method and adopt the 'drive by' remote sensing method. The current method is a PITA and a bureaucratic mess - but modeling smog checks after CA - I dunno....

Glenn Morgan 66 GT Fastback 351w+toploader

1 - 6 of 6 Posts