Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FB is the first Mustang that I have owned with pony interior, and I am not accustomed to these high-tech fancy factory options. I need to remove the mirror, but cannot figure out how the cables, mirror, and lever can be removed so that it is two pieces to get it out. To me it makes the most sense, that the plate should come off the handle and everything else should just pull out through the top, but I can't find a way to make that happen. ::

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I don't know if its the right way but I popped the cables off their attachment at the handle. You can then pull them out with the mirror.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I considered that but wondered how much of a PIA it would be to re-attach them?????????? The mirror is in good shape and can be polished & re-used.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
You should take the cables off at the handle. It's really not too bad if you study it for a bit. They might be color coded, but if not be sure to mark them so you know how they reattach. I remember being stymied by this for awhile, but once you figure it out it's pretty easy. Seems like needlenose pliers or channellocks were the tool of choice, if I remember right.

Good luck,

MrFreeze

·
Premium Member
7,082 Posts
Where the cable attach to the knob, there are 3 "threaded" fixtures. There is a color dot on the end of the cable that matches the receiver on the handle. Loosen, remove, slide out the mirror/cable, do whatever work is needed, slide back in, slip the cable back into the correct color receiver, reattach handle, all done. Color may be faint, so a daub of model paint may help out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts