Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having clearance issues with my shaker hitting the electric choke on the 1406 edlebrock carb. I know they sell a kit to go from manual to elec. but how do I go the other way? Any ideas? I did try a spacer under the aircleaner but that caused issues up on top. If I can lose the elec. I think I will be good to go. ::

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Your running an air cleaner and it's hitting the choke?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
The electric choke uses a different rod that the choke butterfly attaches to. If you want to retain the choke, you'll need this rod. I can look after I get back from Hot August nights and see if I still have mine, but I don't recall having seen it now for quite some time.

There is also a vacuum fitting underneath the choke housing that will need to be plugged. It uses a special plug that you'll probably have to fabricate out of something (it's not just a nipple).

I converted my 1405 to electric choke, but my memory is a little fuzzy, as this was about 4-5 years ago.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John. Let me know when you can. I would appriciate any input you have. I am going to go to he local Kragen and get a visual on one without the elect choke.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shagg - I am running my shaker set up and the shaker base is hitting the electric choke. I tried putting a space under it (summit sell a .5") and that make it sit too high. Make the top of the shaker that comes through the hood look funny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts