Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of removing 1/4 windows of a 66 convertable. The guide assembly and window are not able to pull out together. What is the trick to get them seperated so you can pull out each individually?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I removed the 1/4 windows from my '73 this weekend. I had to remove three screws that attached the glass w/bracket from the rollers. Once I did that, the glass/bracket assembly removed as on piece. What remained was the slider assembly with the three rollers that slide through the three rails.

Don't know if your year is the same, but at least you get a bump.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Photograph everything!

Remove the rubber cover in the door opening to get to one bolt.

Remove the regulator, and all the brackets, most are held in by 1/2" head bolts.

The track parts come out through the bottom, and the window comes out through the top.

If you remove the weatherstrip from the window (screw near the bottom) and the fuzzy that is snapped into the quarter panel, it makes it easier to come out.

Label your parts and match them to the photograph so you can put it back together again.

The good news is a convertible is much easier than a coupe, since the roof does not get in the way.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts